As we step forward into 2017 with fresh energy and the desire to support educators everywhere, let’s take a moment to look back at some of the highlights from TpT in 2016.
Read All About It
TpT was called out in nearly 70 different news articles this past year in publications ranging from MSNBC, The Atlantic, EdSurge, Education Week, The New York Times, and NPR to California Educator Magazine, District Administration, ASCD Magazine, and to local publications in New Zealand, Germany, Ohio, Atlanta, Alaska, Michigan, Maryland, and so many other places!
Some of our favorites from this past year:
- Teacherpreneurs: An Educators Marketplace for Educators, which includes TpT Teacher-Authors Deanna Jump, Hope King, and Anna DiGilio (MSNBC)
- Create your own school curriculum (District Administration)
- The Search for Common-Core Curricula: Where Are Teachers Finding Materials? (Education Week)
- Millions of Teachers Minting Millionaire Teachers from Blair Turner, Karen Jones, Jenna Rayburn, and Getting Nerdy with Mel and Gerdy (Medium’s Bright)
- The Value of Using Podcasts in Class by our very own Teacher-Author Michael Godsey from Mike and Melissa Godsey (The Atlantic)
- What Are ‘Teacherpreneurs?’ An Interview With a Math Teacher Monetizing His Classroom Materials with Chuck Schneider from Common Core Fun (EdSurge)
- For Sale: Your Lesson Plans featuring TpT’er Vera Corbett Ahiyya of The Tutu Teacher (ASCD Magazine)
- How the Internet Is Complicating the Art of Teaching highlighting Teacher-Authors Tracee Orman and David Rickert (The Atlantic)
- Professional Development: How “Teacherpreneurs” Can Save Education by Teacher-Author Meghan Mathis from Fun Fresh Ideas for Your Class (TeachHUB.com)
- Teachers Say They Know More About the Common Core, But Challenges Linger (Education Week)
Sharing Support and Kindness
TpT Loves Teachers!
TpT created, sponsored, and attended over 45 Teacher-Author led events including in California, Atlanta, Indiana, New York State — and of course our own conference for our Premium Teacher-Authors held in Florida last year. Stay tuned — we’ll announce this year’s location soon!
In addition to TpT events and meet-ups, we exhibited at ASCD: Professional Learning & Community for Educators, the International Society for Technology in Education, The Grace Hopper Celebration of Women in Computing, and more.
TpTeamers visited over 91 classrooms to get a first-hand taste of the realities of education today. Did you know every TpTeamer is invited to visit a classroom at least twice year?
TpT on Camera
Just two months ago, we introduced Video on TpT, a new way to connect and learn with TpT Teacher-Authors. Find nearly 1000 videos right here. We hope you’ll take a look. (And if you’re a Premium Teacher-Author interested in creating and sharing Video on TpT, you’ll find everything you need to get started right here as a part of TpT University).
We also created a new YouTube channel where you can watch our wonderful Teacher-Authors talk about lightbulb moments, the transformative power of education, and answer the question “Why teacher-created resources?”
What a year we’ve shared together. We look forward to the coming year and all the possibilities it has in store.