Here are two helpful solutions from TpT Customer Service designed to make your TpT life a little easier.
(Note: Please do not give a TpT resource a negative rating based on technical issues. These issues are almost always solvable and nearly never the fault of the Teacher-Author. Thank you.)
1. Help! I Have ZIP File Issues
Some TpT resources are delivered as ZIP files because that’s an easy way to move a large file or many files.
To open a ZIP file:
Open a ZIP File on a PC
- To open a ZIP file on a PC, you will need a program like 7-Zip (it’s free).
- Once your ZIP program is installed, click on the file and it should open. If it doesn’t, right-click on the file and choose “extract” — all of files should appear.
Open a ZIP File on a Mac
- On a Mac, simply click on the product ZIP file and a folder should appear.
- If this doesn’t work, hold down the control key and click the product file icon. Choose “open with” and then select “archive utility.”
2. My PDF is blurry! What’s Going On Here?
New PDF files need to be opened with the latest Adobe Reader software for PC or MAC (both free).
For Mac Users:
Preview is the default PDF application for Mac. But this program is does not work for newer PDF files. Take these steps to open your PDF with Adobe Reader:
- Highlight the PDF product icon with one click.
- Go to “File” at the top of the screen.
- Choose “Open with.”
- Select “Adobe Reader.”
- You may be prompted to make Adobe the default program when opening PDFs. This is a good idea so you won’t have to repeat the steps above!
Both of these questions — and a whole host of others — are covered in TpT Customer Service’s Technical FAQs.