Oh the weather outside is frightful and these lessons are so delightful — on this we can all agree,
you and me, we like TpT!
It’s time for the winter holiday freebies so let’s have a ball!
Hark ~ The High School Freebies
- Now is the perfect time to hunker down with 4 The Love of Math’s Linear Equations activity. It’s brrrr-iliant! And La-Nette Mark has a great Toy Store Analysis that’ll keep them on their toes!
- For a scientific take on the holidays, check out Getting Nerdy with Mel and Gerdy’s Genetics resource, Bond with James’ Arctic Food Chain and Mrs Brosseau’s Binder’s Science Winter Olympics. Medal-worthy!
- Take a ride around the world with History Gal’s Christmas around the World WebQuest.
- Laura Randazzo will help make any White Elephant meaningful or have a wintery experience with John Keats “In Drear Night December” Winter Activity by Different Drummer Secondary English.
- Winter is hunting season where Julie Faulkner comes from — she’s got a free Scavenger Hunt you won’t want to miss!
- It’s time to make some New Year’s Resolutions; in Spanish from Night-light Lessons or English by Laura Torres.
- Language learning is fun using this Christmas Caroling Fill-in in Spanish by Sra Casado or Ms Joanne’s French Word Wall. Voila!
Hark ~ The Middle School Freebies
- Science Stuff can help you “classify” your gift giving while Adventures in Science will help you decorate your tree!
- Got the travel bug? Time to See the World with Santa by Aspire to Inspire and Gina Kennedy’s Great American Santa Race. Huzzah!
- Speaking of travel, School En Casa has a dual immersion banking activity, Madame H, a French Partner Interview and Lucy S, a French “Surprise.” Oh-my!
- Light hearted holiday fun is to found with Art with Jenny K’s Draw an Elf activity, Lindsay Perro’s Christmas Logic Puzzle, Creations by Kim Parker’s Holiday Cookie Baking, and Compliment Christmas Cards by One Stop Teacher Shop!
- AlwaysLearning will keep you honest with a Treats and Sweets Quiz and Mary Carr will help with your Holiday Shopping!
- Unwrap these 4 middle school math activities:
- We wish you merry ELA with these resources for the upper middles — Ellen Webber’s Brainy Gifts, OCBeachTeacher’s Sentence Structure Winter Holiday Fun and Jessica Osborne’s A Christmas Carol’s Writing Assignment.
- For the early middles there’s a Holiday Essay Writing freebie from Erin Beers from Mrs Beer’s Language Arts, The Last Holiday Concert: Contextualized Grammar Worksheets by GrammarandGreatBooks, TheRoomMom’s Holiday Literature Activity, and Christine Maxwell’s Happy New Year Writing Activity. Fantastic!
- For the early finishers check-out Math Mojo’s Winter Shape Poems and Promoting Success’ Winter Crossword Puzzle.
Hark ~ The Upper Elementary Freebies
- Oh boy — time to find out if you’ve been Naughty or Nice by Luckyfrog and if you’re nice, you can help with Santa’s Prickly Punctuation Problem from Dragons Den. If not… consider performing some Acts of Kindness from Rainbow City Learning!
- Melissa Shutler will help you learn about New Year Traditions from around the world, go on a World Wide Christmas Web Hunt from Sweet Integrations, and have some fun with Carol’s Garden’s Class-Building Cards.
- It’ll really feel like winter with Snowy Holiday Glass Plates by Gena McWilliams.
- Teacher Julia has some Improper Fractions Cupcakes that are oh-so-yummy and don’t miss Jenifer Stewart’s Gingerbread Glyphs.
- Here’s a gift bag full of ELA freebies:
- More upper elementary math for the holidays? You bet! Try Create-Abilities’ Christmas Mega Pack Preview, Jennifer Findley’s Benchmark Fraction Sort, and MissKinBK’s Self Checking Division Practice.
- How’s about a little Southwest Holiday Fun from Splash! Publications? Or try some Winter Science Activities from Amee DeWitt.
Hark ~ The Early Elementary Freebies
- By Santa, have these Teacher-Authors got a sleigh full of awesome resources! Wise Owl Factory has a St. Nicholas activity and Jennifer Dowell has what look to be delicious Gingerbread Writing Papers.
- Stuff your stockings with Jill Bell’s Santa A, B, C activity, KidSparkz’s Beginning Sound Stamps, Little Bird Kindergarten’s Holiday Words, and Mrs W’s Christmas Words.
- Get ready for a Sleigh Full of Contraction Fun by O “Fish” ally a First Grader and determine Naughty or Nice Contractions by Trina R Dralus.
- Deck the Halls with iHeart Teaching while you Wrap Up Winter Writing with Jennifer Reynolds and Write a Holiday Menu with Jamie Sears.
- More holiday must-haves include Trillium Montessori’s Kwanzaa Question Game and Staying Cool in the Library’s New Year’s Mini Book. Also, the Reindeer Fiction Book from Cahill’s Creations.
- Make “sense” of the holidays with Brandi Wayment’s 5 Senses Christmas and Short and Long Vowels: Santa’s Little Helpers by rochel koval.
- Try The Kindergarten Pod’s Christmas Countdown and play Find the Impostor by Kay Sommer.
- Mrs Thompson’s Treasures’ Rudolph Hundred’s Chart will pair nicely with math resources such as Elizabeth Hah’s Counting and Cardinality and Simply Skilled In Second’s Merry Measure.
- Kamp Kindergarten and First Grade Diva Creations are gifting “10s” games — Christmas Tree Ten Frames and “Reindeer Games” a base 10 card game.
- More math-tastic holiday freebies under the tree include:
- The Candy Class’s Hide-and-Seek Reindeer Math Journal
- Mrs Beattie’s Classroom’s Winter “I Have, Who Has?” Card Game
- The Teaching Bug’s Snowman Store activity
- Linda Nelson’s Snowy Strategies : Game for Addition Doubles
- Learning Harbor’s Holiday Problem Solving freebie and
- Mrs Balius’ Winter Penguins Vertical Addition
- Unwrap Teacher Tam’s Bulbs and Bells Addition Game as well as TheThirdWheel’s Reindeer Roundup — you won’t be sorry!
Hark ~ The SLP & Special Needs Freebies
- Get in the holiday spirit with Teach Speech 365’s Summarizing Elves, All Y’All Need’s Christmas Spatial Concepts, and Open Ended Printable Game Boards – Happy Holidays by Speech Therapy Games.
- Try Special Teacher for Special Kid’s Winter Math Warm-ups, susan berkowitz’s New Year’s freebie, and Christine Reeve’s Shopping for Holiday Decorations.
- More goodies to discover are Special Ed Pro’s Charlie and The Christmas Kitty, Lynn Hubbell’s Social Skills Practice Activity Cards, A Sprinkle of Speech’s Grammar Activity, and iHeart Literacy’s Holiday Coloring Activity.
Hark ~ The Clip-art and More Freebies
- Give the kids (and yourself) the gift of a Holiday Homework Pass from The Peanut Gallery, a St. Nicks Christmas Riddle Bookmark from Glitter Meets Glue Designs and Holiday Teacher Time Savers from Leah MG Abatiell.
- Start the Winter Break Countdown with Sue Lynch and “Elf” your fellow teachers with designs from Elementary School Garden.
- Get RACKed (that’s random acts of kindness) with some help from Mrs Schimke and Shari Beck’s Geometric Giving Box will keep the holidays “contained.”
- Spruce up a lesson for the holidays using Keeping Life Creative’s Digital Felt Designs, OkinawanGirl’s Winter Wonderland Mats, and Snowflake Frames from Meredith Anderson.
More FREEBIES we exclaimed! as we rode out of sight. Happy holidays to all — and to all a good night.
Special thanks for the holiday image (another freebie!) up top goes to Julie Phillips.